posted 3 Nov 2010, 17:44 by Canoe St Andrews
updated 3 Nov 2010, 17:48
St Andrews University
Minutes from Committee Meeting
Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig
Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Emma Cottell, Andrew Adam,
Meeting opened: 18.20pm
Previous Action Plan
- Patrick still to look into
- Tom still to acquire car seat
- First aid kit inventory has
been done by Craig
- 2 to be made up by next meeting
- EGM will be on Thursday 21st
- Tay Descent fully organised
- Div 2 Polo – 1630, 31st
- Craig to organise an intermediate
trip for that day too
- Emma organising a beginner
trip on Saturday 30th
- Pool sessions – concerns
over lack of structure. Ideas to remedy this include:
- Polo boats to be distributed
around the pool to start, though people can play whilst others arrive
- BAs handed out to coaches
and the session starts at a specified moment, with beginners in groups
with a boat/coach
- Freshers divided evenly
- Group system for playboating/C1?
- Possibility of taking one
polo boat to the shed and leaving an I3 up there?
- Alps costs still need to be
sorted out due to standard Sam faffage.
- Boatshed disclaimer – to
be updated by Tom/Sean and sent back to Jamie for distribution.
- Inclusion of paddles/other
- Club accounts are now shared
on Google docs
- Sponsorship & Club CV
–document to send out to potential sponsors/anyone relevant
- Photos, videos and press releases
- Sponsorship could be for clothing,
stickers on boats or other.
- Selling points for this would
be our high membership and the exposure at competitions
- Calum in charge, Andrew and
- Old memories of the club as
far back as we can go
- “Friendly and banterous”
- Potential to sell it to alumni
wishing to re-engage with the club.
- Set up a website section for
- Jamie to look through old
club records for material
- 5th November –
Polo friendly against Edinburgh followed by fireworks and night out?
Patrick to co-ordinate (Clash with Jonny’s sea trip – see below)
- Non-matriculated members
- Fine with committee and according
to AU guidelines
- Not able to attend Sports
- Had contact from Dundee based
people about joining – do we want complete randoms in the club or
do they need some Uni connection?
- Event being planned for Wednesday
27th. Pub crawl with some theme, to be put in weekly email.
- Olaf still coming despite
us being the only venue left!
- Jonny in control of the situation
- EUCC, DUCC and SUCC coming?
- Potential for a mass trip
on the next day…
- Club Tent
- Kirstie’s leaks
- Jonny to look for a cheapish,
6-8 person tent on ebay, £50 max
- Sea kayaking trip – Friday
5th to Wednesday 10th Nov
- Intermed/Advanced trip
- Oban/West Coast
- Naked Calendar
- Decision to retain the money
– the club needs it
- Enough outreach is done anyway
- Andrew wants volunteers for
the design/production (weekly email)
- Plan to visit school assemblies
and talk about river safety/paddling
- To be done in conjunction
- Trip form re-developed
- 2 star in Anstruther going
- L1 coaches keen for Wednesday
sessions – James finalising
- 4 star training 13th/14th
Nov – James finding potential paddlers
- L2 training booked
- 4 star Canoe over Raisin weekend
– Jonny/Sean potentially keen
- Extra throwbags are needed
- Need to recover 2 that are
in the Castle
- Buy 2 more anyway at the Perth
- Tails for boats – Craig
to email AU about getting this paid for under the safety budget.
- Red 30L drybag to be purchased
at Perth for a First Aid kit.
- Yoga 1-2pm Tuesdays – Sarah
to email Debbie about getting this continued
- DanceSoc taster session –
should we charge them for it?
- Sarah to contact DanceSoc
- Potential for an AU wide set
of sessions for other committees
- Strength – Tuesday evening
sessions? Sarah to email the AU about availability
- Paddle from Ace Adventures
– Tom to find out if they are at Perth Show – if not then we can
hand it back whenever we are next up.
- Emma’s last meeting on the
committee - thanks for a great year!
- Club clothing – We should
get on it soon as Orion are slooooow.
- Think about sponsorship possibilities
- Patrick and Jamie to try and
work out how old the club is…
Meeting closed: 19.40pm
Tuesday 2nd November– 6pm