Documents‎ > ‎Committee Minutes‎ > ‎

5.4.16

posted 6 Apr 2016, 12:45 by Canoe St Andrews   [ updated 6 Apr 2016, 13:36 ]

StAUCC Committee Minutes

Date:  5.4.16

Time: 1800

Location: The Rule

Present: Khad, JAxe, AP, EW, HC, CP, AT, SL, CJ, SC, JM

Apologies: BP

Late: GG

Welcome new members!

  • All write names, positions, 2 things you want to achieve in role, plus 1 thing personally and 1 you want club to achieve

    • Cards to be returned to people after a year to see if they have achieved them

  • People to go to lots of pool sessions!

  • Social secs to have at least 1 person at each social.

  • Turn up to committee meetings on time!

  • People need to organise trips.

  • Be friendly to everyone :)

    • Face of the club - we are ambassadors now.

  • AP  - Development Page on website

    • Tasty picture avec SuperDre handwriting

      • Explaining qualifications

        • Stars, levels, safety qaulifications

          • e.g. 2-5*, WWSR etc.

        • Courses offered

          • Club subsidises 1/3, AU subsidises 1/3. Solid deal.

        • V useful for coaching, leading, summer jobs etc.

  • SL: budgets

    • 3 main pots:

      • Transport fund from AU

        • Requires topping up occasionally

        • We don't really touch the money, we just book transport w/ AU and it is used to pay

      • Development budget

        • Subsidises coaching trips etc.

      • Equipment budget

        • Previously a matter of requesting money each time kit bought

        • Lump sum from now on - planning needed, but should be easier

    • Potential for Events budget and Safety budget in future??

      • Would be very useful

    • We aslo get funding for BUCS & SSS competitions

  • KHad/AP/JM: passwords, email & drive

    • Everyone knows passwords

    • Email system explained, JM to be in charge of sorting/forwarding

    • People to action/acknowledge emails to do with them

    • Keep the tab open and keep checking email!

    • Using Drive & booking transport explained

      • Khad to book transport!

      • All drivers to fill in forms for trips

        • £50 fine if forgotten!

  • SL: deposits

    • Super-useful online payment introduced by SL

    • If organising trip, make sure everyone pays, then check using email 'Sent' folder that they have paid

      • People must pay deposits to get on trips

      • All reciepts to EW ASAP after trip

  • Keep talking to members, keep bringing up stuff at meetings :)


Former glories

  • Cupar Pool sesh

    • Was awesome!

    • All polo boats, plus playboat

      • All in all a great success

    • To be repeated!

  • AP's soul-destroyingly wet weekend

    • Huge success

    • People went from unceratin on Grad II to running Grade IV

    • SL: seemed expensive for the club even though subsidised by Development fund

      • AP: had to use up remaining fund

      • Will cost £15 for members as opposed to £50

        • Not goin to happen in future unfortunately

    • THANK YOU KHAD FOR DRIVING BOTH DAYS EVEN THOUGH SHE WASN'T ON THE TRIP

Standing Items

  • EW - accounts

    • Fuel reciepts needed!

    • Coaching paid

    • Etive & NSR still need pricing up

    • Wall of Shame needs updating

  • Gear

    • Tent sorted out

    • Polo paddles to be collected by SL & EW on 6.4.16

  • Aqua Ball

    • Everything up and running

    • Get everyone keen

    • AT & CP to sort out predrinks at Stratts & Sarah's

      • Potluck for non-dinner people?

    • There is a ceilidh band

  • All handovers complete except for KHad --> SL

  • Club photo

    • CJ has it sorted

      • Logos 'shopped on, printing to be sorted

  • Beach clean

    • RR to sort

    • SC to convene on that

      • Handover opportunity

  • Insurance renewal

    • JAxe to look into?

Upcoming dates

  • Aqua Ball 8.4.16

  • BUCS Polo practice 10.4.16

  • Private trip 4 Nesk River Race 16.4.16

  • BUCS Polo 15.4.16 - 17.4.16

  • Summer Trip 20.5.16 - 23.5.16

    • SC & EW on it

Agenda

  • Preseason!

    • AP plans 18 places

    • PUBLICITY!!

      • Let people know.

      • Let everyone know.

    • Its praises are sung by all who have attended before

  • Sponsorship/club fundraising: AT & CP

    • Talk to Amy & Tim

    • Renewing contract w/ Rule?

    • Do everything from Drive

    • 'Promise Auction' as a possible fundraising opportunity for the club?

  • Trips: SL

    • Fun trip in the next few weeks?

    • BUCS polo weekend for non-poloers?

      • Possibly not - Nesk River Race

    • Revision week as a good opportunity

      • People keen to go

      • SL keen to organise

        • CP to help organise

  • Club kit: KHad

    • CP & AT to chat to RR

    • Hoodie?

    • Committee kit?

AOB

  • CP/AT

    • Event for next week?

      • Thursday?

        • Khad's birthday!

  • SL

    • Sinners to be organised before next meeting

      • CP & AT on it.

        • Dundee?

        • Or maybe not, given proximity to exams?

          • Possibly next semester.

  • EW

    • St Leonards

      • Talk to them about coaching & pool use

        • Money for the club, coaching for the children, better pool than Madras for us.

        • Rota for coaching?

      • KH going to make contact w/ St L's again on pool use as well

      • EW, CJ & SC to convene under KHad for this

      • Level 1 needed

    • RECIEPTS

  • CJ

    • Cameras brought along to pool

  • SC

    • BASE

      • More people involved?

        • Tell people at pub!

      • AT & CP to get on board

      • CJ to do Facebook post

      • SC to do blog post

  • JM

    • Committee page still old committee

      • Khad aware, all being sorted

    • Weekly email!

      • Send JM stuff!

      • Secret messages!



Meeting ended: 1910

Next meeting: 19.4.16, 1730 @ The Rule
Comments