posted 16 Dec 2010, 05:39 by Canoe St Andrews
updated 16 Dec 2010, 05:40
Minutes from Committee Meeting
Present: Sarah Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Johnny Hawkins, Amy Kincaid, Izzy Tween, Andrew Adam
Meeting opened: 18.10pm
Previous Action Plan
- Thanks to everyone who organised and helped at recent events!
- Duck Race – 14th Dec, 2pm
- Schools now sending 30 kids down (we hope)
- Volunteers needed for duck-catching, organisation and safety?
- Committee are being issued with ducks to sell – keep hold of them unless you’re sure the sponsor is coming down.
- Div 2 – Transport needed for this only, no other trips on 18th/19th
- Inter semester – Nothing planned, if people want to do something get in touch with Sarah
- Clothing – Order has now gone, the stuff will probably not get here before Christmas…
- Logos are on the back of everything
- Sarah to collect moneys…
- Focus club meeting – 17th Dec, 12pm. Email Sarah if you want to go.
- Strength and Cond
- We’re meant to pay for these, other than the one starter session.
- Also meant to send the progress reports to Allan.
- Bake Sale – Table to be brought from the Castle, alternatively the trestle from the boatshed.
- Polo sub-committee
- Jakub, Camille, Laura.
- Been in contact with the crazy lady from Stirling about SUS…
- SSS-X! – Patrick spoken to Glenshee and other unis…
- Lets see what happens, chaps…
- Fundraising – Grant-Thornton too much effort, faff and cost to be worth it unfortunately.
- Don’t use stuff from them unless necessary (ahem, latex gloves)
- Email Craig after a trip if they have been used so they can be kept updated and complete.
- Naked Calendar
- Academic year calendar to replace this due to lack of time.
- We might get naked in the Rule on Thursday to this end…
- Carol singing – Andrew in control, emails going out Wednesday 8th.
- Refreshers fayre
- Small ad campaign
- Fee £10 for the semester
- One space on the Christmas trip up for grabs…
- Surf cancelled on the 8th due to bake sale
- New meeting times next semester so that people can make it to hall dinners. Times TBD.
- We could have a gym polo skills session (similar to pre-season) – 0730-0830 Wednesdays or 2100-2200 Saturday.
- Also plans to have a polo skills session in the pool next semester.
- Don’t swim in the pool
Meeting closed: 19.50pm