Documents‎ > ‎Committee Minutes‎ > ‎

8/2/11

posted 15 Feb 2011, 06:27 by Canoe St Andrews   [ updated 15 Feb 2011, 06:29 ]

Minutes from Committee Meeting

 

08/02/2011

 

Present:  Sarah Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Johnny Hawkins, Amy Kincaid, Izzy Tween, Andrew Adam

 

Meeting opened: 19.03pm

 

 

Dates

·         Beginners trip – Sat or Sun 19th/20th

·         Div 3 20th

·         BUCS Polo – 16th/17th April

·         Sense Scotland – 19th March

 

Captain

 

·         Sense Scotland want £100 pounds from us to take part in the day, Sarah will try to negotiate this. Otherwise set up a JustGiving page, put a collecting tin behind the bar in the Rule?

·         All clothing here except Result jackets – Sarah to collect money over the next couple of weeks.

·         Sports rash vests – left over from last semester. Jonny will try to sell them on.

·         Refreshers Fayre – Jamie to organise.

·         Driving tests – Mon/Fri of week 2, people to contact Sarah if keen.

·         Focus feedback – any feedback to be passed to Sarah to hand on to the AU.

 

Competitions

·         SUS! Trophy to the Rule?

·         Jonny to check on Blues and Colours criteria for polo

·         Patrick is keen to hold training sessions/tryouts for the polo teams nearer to BUCS. The aim of this is to improve the level of our polo, increase fairness in team selection and create better team cohesiveness.

 

Secretary

·         Cycle/Canoe race – We’re still keen, Jamie to check that cycling are as well.

        Easter probably the best time in terms of availability and exposure around the uni.

 

 

 

Gear

·         Storage – For the gear that gets used infrequently (e.g. at Freshers)

       Suspend in the boatshed in bin liners?

       Ask for storage in an AU cupboard?

·         Wildwater screening – Sean to look into booking School 3. Possibility of holding a raffle for funds? Also potential of inviting Edinburgh/Dundee.

 

Safety

·         Please actually take throwbags on your trips…

·         First aid kits are now done

·         First aid course lined up – no date fixed but should cost £35 each for a two day course. For future weekly email.

 

Ordinary

·         Pool sessions – Encourage use of coaches.

·         Competition/recreation balance

        When leaders are on comps, no other paddling really happens.

        Club needs to decide on a balance between recreation (currently plenty of), and competition (a rising proportion of our time).

        Issue requires recognition not action from the committee

·         MoP2 – Screening at the castle sometime in the next couple of weeks – Jonny

·         Club will gain £100 from the excellence program – what to spend it on?

·         AU will receive £3 million from the 600 year celebrations – potential for some polo boats?

 

AOB

·         Yoga is not on any more

·         Hopefully we’ll get food on Thursdays now

·         Aqua ball – other clubs haven’t got back to Issy yet, although she’s pushing them to join. In the event that it can’t be managed then maybe hold a club event?

·         Dundee ceilidh in March.

·         Surf sessions – back on

Comments