Minutes from Committee Meeting
Present: Sarah Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Johnny Hawkins, Amy Kincaid, Izzy Tween, Andrew Adam
Meeting opened: 19.03pm
· Beginners trip – Sat or Sun 19th/20th
· Div 3 20th
· BUCS Polo – 16th/17th April
· Sense Scotland – 19th March
· Sense Scotland want £100 pounds from us to take part in the day, Sarah will try to negotiate this. Otherwise set up a JustGiving page, put a collecting tin behind the bar in the Rule?
· All clothing here except Result jackets – Sarah to collect money over the next couple of weeks.
· Sports rash vests – left over from last semester. Jonny will try to sell them on.
· Refreshers Fayre – Jamie to organise.
· Driving tests – Mon/Fri of week 2, people to contact Sarah if keen.
· Focus feedback – any feedback to be passed to Sarah to hand on to the AU.
· SUS! Trophy to the Rule?
· Jonny to check on Blues and Colours criteria for polo
· Patrick is keen to hold training sessions/tryouts for the polo teams nearer to BUCS. The aim of this is to improve the level of our polo, increase fairness in team selection and create better team cohesiveness.
· Cycle/Canoe race – We’re still keen, Jamie to check that cycling are as well.
— Easter probably the best time in terms of availability and exposure around the uni.
· Storage – For the gear that gets used infrequently (e.g. at Freshers)
— Suspend in the boatshed in bin liners?
— Ask for storage in an AU cupboard?
· Wildwater screening – Sean to look into booking School 3. Possibility of holding a raffle for funds? Also potential of inviting Edinburgh/Dundee.
· Please actually take throwbags on your trips…
· First aid kits are now done
· First aid course lined up – no date fixed but should cost £35 each for a two day course. For future weekly email.
· Pool sessions – Encourage use of coaches.
· Competition/recreation balance
— When leaders are on comps, no other paddling really happens.
— Club needs to decide on a balance between recreation (currently plenty of), and competition (a rising proportion of our time).
— Issue requires recognition not action from the committee
· MoP2 – Screening at the castle sometime in the next couple of weeks – Jonny
· Club will gain £100 from the excellence program – what to spend it on?
· AU will receive £3 million from the 600 year celebrations – potential for some polo boats?
· Yoga is not on any more
· Hopefully we’ll get food on Thursdays now
· Aqua ball – other clubs haven’t got back to Issy yet, although she’s pushing them to join. In the event that it can’t be managed then maybe hold a club event?
· Dundee ceilidh in March.
· Surf sessions – back on