Documents‎ > ‎Committee Minutes‎ > ‎

8/3/11

posted 22 Mar 2011, 15:27 by Canoe St Andrews   [ updated 22 Mar 2011, 15:28 ]

Minutes from Committee Meeting

 

08/03/2011

 

Present:  Sarah Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Jonny Hawkins (until 1935), Amy Kincaid, Izzy Tween, Andrew Adam

 

Meeting opened: 19.10pm

 

 

Dates

·         Dundee ceilidh – weekly email

·         Club fundraiser for Sense? Weds 23rd

·         Intermediate trip 26th-27th – Craig

·         Advanced trip 9th-10th – Jonny

·         Surf comp – last week of Easter – Patrick?

·         Arbroath sea cave trip at some point - Jonny

 

Captain

 

·         Alumni are keen to donate something to the club – we need a new group shelter…

·         Handover docs – new ones must be written before the Easter break.

·         Handover to the new committee will be Tuesday 19th

 

Treasurer

·         Membership fees currently unfair?

        Boatshed fee payers pay more for kit they don’t really use

        A proposed discount for these people makes it unfair if they do then use club gear.

        A flat fee for all would treat everyone the same

        A vote was taken with the options: Keep the current system, Give a £5 discount to people with boats, Take a flat fee from everyone.

        Results were: Current – 0, £5 discount – 2, Flat fee – 11

 

Social

·         Aqua ball – 23rd April, open to all including alumni. If we can’t sell all the tickets, open it up to non-club members.

 

Publicity

·         Schools project – only 3 emails back about the working group. With several of them leaving that leaves it dead in the water for this year.

        Therefore it will be handed over to the next committee and kicked off again next year.

        Combined with the St Andrews Award?

·         Sean to email the Madras head teacher about coaching sessions

 

AOB

·         Make sure JSAs have signed the swim forms please

·         Photos – Canoe&Kayak mag do a double page spread on individual clubs, use Jakubs photos for publicity?

·         Also a coaching profile in Scottish Paddler?

·         Moohan to email Soreen to try and extract more t-shirts and free stuff from them.

·         Craig – thermometer chat at general conditioning…

 

Meeting closed: 19.45 pm

Comments