Minutes from Committee Meeting
Present: Sarah Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Jonny Hawkins (until 1935), Amy Kincaid, Izzy Tween, Andrew Adam
Meeting opened: 19.10pm
· Dundee ceilidh – weekly email
· Club fundraiser for Sense? Weds 23rd
· Intermediate trip 26th-27th – Craig
· Advanced trip 9th-10th – Jonny
· Surf comp – last week of Easter – Patrick?
· Arbroath sea cave trip at some point - Jonny
· Alumni are keen to donate something to the club – we need a new group shelter…
· Handover docs – new ones must be written before the Easter break.
· Handover to the new committee will be Tuesday 19th
· Membership fees currently unfair?
— Boatshed fee payers pay more for kit they don’t really use
— A proposed discount for these people makes it unfair if they do then use club gear.
— A flat fee for all would treat everyone the same
— A vote was taken with the options: Keep the current system, Give a £5 discount to people with boats, Take a flat fee from everyone.
— Results were: Current – 0, £5 discount – 2, Flat fee – 11
· Aqua ball – 23rd April, open to all including alumni. If we can’t sell all the tickets, open it up to non-club members.
· Schools project – only 3 emails back about the working group. With several of them leaving that leaves it dead in the water for this year.
— Therefore it will be handed over to the next committee and kicked off again next year.
— Combined with the St Andrews Award?
· Sean to email the Madras head teacher about coaching sessions
· Make sure JSAs have signed the swim forms please
· Photos – Canoe&Kayak mag do a double page spread on individual clubs, use Jakubs photos for publicity?
· Also a coaching profile in Scottish Paddler?
· Moohan to email Soreen to try and extract more t-shirts and free stuff from them.
· Craig – thermometer chat at general conditioning…
Meeting closed: 19.45 pm