Documents‎ > ‎Committee Minutes‎ > ‎

Committee Minutes 22/04/13

posted 21 May 2013, 12:56 by Canoe St Andrews

Present: ES, JW, SM, BS, JR, RM, TC, IT, HF, AP, GW


Late: DW, JH


Meeting Commenced: 17:50


  • Standing Items

    • Action Plan Review

      • Aqua Ball

        • Nothing needs to be done, TC sorted event

      • Sports Ball

        • Not bothering as no interest

      • Rascals event

        • Event not needed so not happening this year

      • Buying drill and tool kit

        • Both done by JR

      • Trailer

        • Guy in Bristol from UK Rivers Guidebook

        • £750

        • can fit 8 kayaks

        • C2 in Southampton - road trip?

        • If we don’t get a lot/any funding how much could we get off the club? IT to email about getting out equipment budget. JW to email Pete and Debbie

      • Tape paddles for BUCS polo

        • Done but JW didn’t do a very good job

        • He needs to do it again

      • Summer trip

        • Loch Tay trip – should have 12 canoes from that

        • Can we tow them? Safety regulations

        • Location: thinking Dee. Has grade 3 which will need to be portaged. Shorter stretch than the Spey – too short for 4 day trip? Top section water level dependent too

      • Intermediate trip

        • 6 people max at the moment

        • GW and SM to as at pub tonight to get interest

      • Sea paddle

        • Not sorted yet, TC to sort this week

      • Beginners’ training

        • ES booked car and is going to ask people tonight about coming

      • Guide Trip

        • Can’t be done because of insurance

        • GW to look into doing a pool session instead when we have a pool later

      • Insurance for canoes and trailers

        • ES still to look into

        • Find canoe weight first. AP to do

      • Other options for corks as bungs in boats

        • JH to look into it tonight

      • First aid kit additions

        • RM to look into it more

      • Repair Kit

        • AP got prices from ebay and will buy now

      • Other open boats

        • GW emailing Kirstie Main for more

        • SM to weekly email to ask if people will be around for the trip (IT or AP to write section)

      • Medical Form

        • SM to send out this week

    • Finance Update

      • In account: £6282

      • Club owes: £500ish in cheque to clear

      • Members owe: £1000



  • Dates

    • Aqua Ball – April 26th

      • Potluck organized at GW

    • Div 2 -

    • Div 2 – April 27th

      • ES to look into getting a car as the booking was accidentally cancelled

    • Nesk River Race – April 27th

      • All is sorted

    • May Dip – April 30th

      • Canoe party?

      • AP to have house party

      • ES to email Jean and Hannah about having party at 22

    • SSS WWR - April 28th

      • 22 individuals

      • Transport booked for 30 people

      • TC to email Micah

      • David W wants to volunteer – SM to pass on his details to Kmac

    • Intermediate Trip – Saturday May 4th

    • Sea Paddle  - Sunday May 5th

    • Grandtully Beginners Training – Thursday May 9th

    • Sports Ball – May 23rd  

    • Summer trip – May 25th  

      • See action plan review

    • Bonfire – 24th

      • HF and DW to organise

      • Yearly awards at end – TC to email list of awards



  • Additional Items

    • New gear after loss of splits

      • Huck lost – hopefully it will reappear

      • Will not be replacing group shelter as we still have one

      • Will be replacing splits
        - RM, JR, JH to look into prices
        - IT to email Eric to see if we can get it out of equipment budget

    • Car returns

      • We got into trouble for returning the car a day late

      • Late night trips either do on the night or back before 7am



  • AoB

    • Lochore Meadows Outdoor Education Centre – 11th May

      • Just before exams

      • Demo boats, coaching etc. for free

      • RM to do informal trip in car

    • Next year Madras Coaching

      • GW to look into

    • Pool Update

      • Nothing so far

    • Preseason

      • AP, JW and ES to keep looking into that

      • Fitness can be done on Sunday or Monday
        - Sunday provisionally



Next Meeting: Monday 6th May, 17:45


Meeting Adjourned: 18:24


Comments