Minutes from Committee Meeting
Present: Sarah Duley, Jamie Dick, Patrick Jenner, Calum Fisher, James McMahon, Craig Burns, Issy Sloman, Sean Dugan, Tom Innes, Johnny Hawkins, Amy Kincaid, Izzy Tween
Apologies: Andrew Adam
Meeting opened: 18.10pm
Previous Action Plan
· Tom/Sean forgot about disclaimer.
· Craig contacted AU about funding for boat tails but was told to buy it from club funds
· AU sports day – 17th
· Beginner trip on Raisin Saturday – James
· Also advanced on Raisin Sunday?
· Volunteering places still available on Focus programme
— To be re-sent in weekly email – see email sent over summer
· S&C – Allan was away but it looks like an extra session a week is unlikely as we’re lucky to have this one
— Extra sessions could be organised privately but we’d have to pay
· Circuits aren’t on in Reading week; S&C is though
· Bubble TV – Any footage we get on trips could be sent to them for editing and broadcasting in the Union.
— For this we need better footage…!
· Match reports…?
· DanceSoc – Too cold for them now!
— Happy to pay but we will contact them later on in the year
· Non-students joining
— Potential to offer courses to locals through our coaches…
— We could offer membership for sessions that aren’t funded by the AU (such as club coaching trips)
· Sarah to sort out club clothing in RW
· Transport – From now on please reply to pickup requests so Sarah knows you’ve seen it!
— Enterprise are being stricter on who is picking up vehicles
· Please keep the boatshed tidy
· Polo sub-committee – its on the constitution
— Patrick willing to appoint keen people to help him (Emily?) until AGM
· BUCS WWR all in hand
· L1 on Wednesdays working well.
· 2* after Reading week
· Jonny to send Calum the names of 2* folk
· 4* coach available for paddling in RW – James to contact about trip
— James to let Sarah know for transport extension
· 4* coaching – Epic fail! James to try James Fleming?
· Freestyle competition – Beginner & Advanced groups in the pool on a Thursday.
— Would be very low key to encourage beginners.
— Sarah to talk to waterpolo about swapping a session for a double.
— Thursday after RW?
· Glenmore – Sean to get paddles and buy more if poss.
· Duck race – Ducks now resident in Sean’s house.
— From the KFB bridge
— 1st week of December?
— Andrew to contact schools about involvement
— Sean organising
· 2 day open boating on the Tay
— Boats from ‘Beyond Adventure’
— 4th/5th December?
· Adrenaline Ball all in hand
· The Rule is awesome
— Next semester they may give us cold pizza on Thursdays
· Christmas Dinner
— Earlier the better due to lower prices (8th Dec)
— Publicity out early (weekly email after RW)
· 1st aid kits missing – new ones being made up anyway
· There is now a pen for the boatshed board – please use it
· No drink driving either please… (Adrenaline Ball comes to mind)
· Olaf Talk – 25th Nov
— Marketed as an adventure film evening
— Facebook group, SCA publicity, university invites.
— 120 people required to break even.
— Spread the word!
· Tent purchased - £50
— Needs picking up from south of Glasgow – Jonny to find someone.
· Fife surf kayak club – Craig to make contact.
· Catch – Craig might be able to get us discount cards.
· Bake sale – Maybe soup could be a viable alternative
· Patrick to investigate the legality of selling mulled wine/how to get soup dispensers. AU - Jonny?
· Trip deposit - £5 a day, £10 for 2 days…
· Girls only trip – Next semester: Izzy, Amy, Sarah
· Megaphone – James to purchase, £30 limit
· Safety sesh in the pool – Monday after RW
· CDO meeting – Weds 17th Nov, 2pm. Keen people to Sarah please
· Sense Scotland – Dates may be an issue at Easter time (Sarah in contact with them
· We have no money for boats!
Meeting closed: 19.20pm